Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's Really Quiet Around Here

My daughter is attending her first DiscipleNow weekend. She left last night (Friday) at 5:00 and won't be home until Sunday after church. My son is playing at a friend's house all day. For the last several years I've had many Saturdays when all I wanted was a bit of quiet. Now, I've had six hours of it and I'm a bit scared. I don't really know what to do with long, uninterrupted silence! It frightens me that I've grown so used to chaos. It took me almost an hour to realize no one was watching iCarly -- it was okay to turn off the television.
I'm writing this now because my son will be home in a few hours. In another 20 he and his sister will be terrorizing each other once again. It will be quiet no longer. But I'll have this post to look back on and remember the bliss.

1 comment:

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.