Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Accident Waiting to Happen

We've all heard the term, "He/She's an accident waiting to happen." I think it was written for people like my children. So far this basketball season (the jr high/pee wee version, not even the LONG NBA kind) My daughter....has gotten two bloody noses, two jammed fingers, and an ankle sprain that required a trip to the ER and crutches for a week. Today, my son got slammed by a ball in the thumb, taking his nail off with it (truly, it was gross; but don't worry -- one of his 9 year old teammates confidently looked at me as I approached the bench with the first aid kit and said, "I'll do that. I'm a Cub Scout.")

I'm threatening to send them to next week's games wearing bubble wrap. When I see these "Kids by the Dozen", "15 and counting", etc. shows all I think is..I hope you have a brother-in-law out there who's an ER doc!

Time to change the ice pack. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your kids are funny! and accident prone!