Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to "normal"

Christmas is behind us, we're home from our travels, school starts tomorrow. I keep hearing people say, "Now, things will get back to normal." I want to respond, "What if things weren't normal BEFORE Christmas?" Oh well. We have had a good holiday. I got very sick Christmas morning, so I spent the next week in various states of Nyquil-induced haze. We traveled to Dallas on the afternoon of Christmas Day and stayed with Darren's younger brother and family -- always a great trip (though, again, I don't remember much of it). The next day we went to Oklahoma to see our moms. The weather was great, by Oklahoma winter standards. My son got to play outside with his new baseball bat every day! Although he did, under protest, have to wear a coat and hat. The highlight (sorry loved ones) of my trip was getting my haircut. I've been neglecting my hair for many months because I haven't found a new "stylist" since our move back to Texas. Negligence is not good when you have naturally curly hair and live in humid coastal Texas! So, I decided to look up my old stylist Becki -- she started cutting my hair when I was in junior high and I went to her until we moved to Texas. The dear lady is still cutting away at Miss Jackson's in Tulsa. So, I don't remember any of the actual gift exchanges and could not really enjoy all the fabulous food cooked by my mom and mother-in-law -- but my hair looks good! Guess that made for a Happy Holidays! Hope yours were great.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I need a photo of your new hair.

miss you

Marlene said...

Yeah, Ditto on the photo of the hair!
We missed seeing you Christmas. We figured you were here while we were there!
Dana has alot of highlights about our Christmas together on her blogsite
www.danamariehollis.blogspot.com
Miss ya'll